Firmware for FS100P? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old June 15th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Firmware for FS100P?

Hi there

Does anyone know if there is a firmware upgrade for the 'P' version of the FS100 or is this just for EU and US versions?

How do you actually check which firmware version your camera has?

Thanks

Jamie
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Firmware for FS100P?

If you have the ver.1 firmware it doesn't show up anywhere - which was kind of goofy, if you have ver.2 it shows it in the menu - that was part of the update. Can't answer your other question as I have the US camera. Good luck.
Chris Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Regular Crew

A lot of the US guys installed the EU version without trouble or hick ups - so chances are, that would work for the P also.
Frank Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Clearly I have Version 1 then! I emailed Sony Australia last week (they dont have any references to the FS100 on their website though!) and as Ive heard nothing back, Im suspecting they've put my enquiry into the 'too hard' basket.

I think I will stick with version 1 and wait to see if a P version becomes available.

Luckily Frank has some ver1 picture profiles on his site. Ive used the g-log B with a couple of minor tweaks. Thanks Frank!

Cheers

Jamie
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta