NEX SEL16 F2.8 pancake - back-ordered? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Inner Circle

NEX SEL16 F2.8 pancake - back-ordered?

I've got inspired by Derran's posts on flying the FS100 and started looking for the SEL 16mm pancake and converter, only to find the former is on back-order almost everywhere around the world (and certainly here in Poland, CVP of the UK, and B&H in the US).

Does anyone know whether this lens has been discontinued? Or can you link me to some reputable on-line shop that has it currently in stock?

TIA,

Piotr
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: NEX SEL16 F2.8 pancake - back-ordered?

I've just found and purchased both (the lens and the converter) through Amazon.co.uk :)

But the fact remains they are very difficult to spot!

Piotr
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Imagine everyone is scooping them up and hard to keep on shelves...I also have one backordered
Mark A. Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I wanted the pancake lens and ultra-wide adaptor for my VG20 but also couldn't find one in stock until I tried this place in Cardiff (UK) two weeks ago...

Sony Nex E 16mm f2.8 Pancake Micro SLR Camera Lens

They sent me a lens in 4 days - not sure if they ship overseas though.

They are not in original Sony boxes - they are brand new lenses split from NEX camera kits. But mine was well packed and in mint condition.

Good image quality although a little softer than the standard zoom. Fabulous images with the steadicam but with no inbuilt image stabilisation hand-held shots are unexpectedly wobbly - you need rock steady hands (with a VG20 anyway) and the autofocus tends to hunt a little, but I'm very pleased with it.
Tony Neal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta