My first Professional Video Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My first Professional Video Camera

Hi Guys,
My name is Juan (which means Lico in Mayan) Francisco. I was born in guatemala and raised here in the US since 8 years old. Can speak spanish, English, and Mayan Dialect. This is my first professional Video camera. Sony FS100. I started getting into video about three years ago. I like it. It was fun and also i enjoy doing it. So far i started my adventure with my little sony HXRMC50U, then i bought my first Dslr camera 60D. so far i only have three lens plus the the kit lens. I have been learning as time goes. I have my regular full time job which pays the bills, the cameras and takes care of the family. so far my editing tools is a Mac pro 12 core 32GB Rams, 4TB hdd, and Nvidia GTX 670, Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD, Adobe CS5.5 production premium. Paid all of this with my hard earn money. My mac pro 8 core got upgraded to a 12 core when my 8 core became a lemon. So far i have been trying to learn as much as possible. I am the person who does the videos at my church. It is a small church so i had to buy all the equipment with my own money. Bought a epson r800, a dvd duplicator to do all the jobs. To make all the dvd looks nice. I am trying to learn how to color correct in Adobe premiere but i keep messing up badly. If you guys can point me to the right direction to learn to color correct in premiere or a place were i can take classes. I am located in Los Angeles, California almost by the airport. If someone is willing to help i will really appreciated. As they say it won't hurt asking for help. Right now i am at the learning curve. I am learning how to use the sony fs100 with my canon lens. I will be buying some sony lens soon for my FS100. I will need to take care of some other stuff first. Well this is part of the story of my life. I feel welcome in this forum and you guys my sony family are one reason i end up going with a sony fs100. Also i did my research before buying so it was not a blind buy.
Old May 21st, 2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: My first Professional Video Camera

Welcome, Lico!

Im sure you will have a lot of pleasure (and some frustration!) learning with your FS100 - this is a great place to learn, and I hope you get as much benefit from DVInfo as I have!
Paul Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta