Metabones speed booster EF and heavier lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old September 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Metabones speed booster EF and heavier lenses

Hi,

Is anyone using the Metabones speed booster with heavier lenses like the Canon 24-70mm 2.8 L USM ?

Is there no risk of damaging the FS100 if adding lenses with this weight ?

Can the speedbooster be used with full manual special effects lenses having no electronic connection like the Lensbaby series ?

Thanks in advance,
David Arendt
David Arendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Contributor

Re: Metabones speed booster EF and heavier lenses

I have the regular Metabones adapter and use it with all my lenses with no problem. Longest ones I have are the Canon L 24-105 and 70-200. The adapter adds about an inch and a half to total length. Generally when I use those lenses I'm on the tripod with a set of rails that have a lens support. However, I also use them with just the camera and tripod with no problem, but a lens support is always a good idea. The E-mount seems to me as sturdy as any other mount and the whole front end of the camera is very solid.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I can now confirm that that the Lensbaby composer with the sweet 35 optic seem to work flawlessly.
David Arendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:59 PM   #4
New Boot

I have been using the speed booster EF fit for some time now and it works great! I use rails and a lens support for anything heavier than my 50mm. So far used with a 50mm, 17-40, 24-70 and 70-200 2.8.
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Contributor

FYI, the Smart Adapter II doesn't work on the upcoming Sony A7/A7R. For that you need the Smart Adapter III, the latest model. There's also an issue with the SpeedBooster on those full frame cameras, I've read. So if anybody (other than me) is looking at the A7 as a still camera and second video camera, you'll need the Smart Adapter III for it.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta