DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/)
-   -   Powering fs700 with anton bauer batteries? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-nex-fs700-cinealta/509695-powering-fs700-anton-bauer-batteries.html)

Kirk Nehring July 31st, 2012 07:41 AM

Powering fs700 with anton bauer batteries?

Has anyone found a way to power the camera using anton bauer batteries? I purchased the QR PD HDV adapter, put that doesn't work with the camera. I was then told about the FGM S adapter, I was wondering if anyone has tried this adapter on the camera and if it would work. I'm guess it won't since I've been in contact with an anton bauer rep and they say sony changed something in the battery compartment design and that they are in contact with sony on a solution. But if that was the case and they changed something, wouldn't that mean you'd have to get all new batteries also?

thanks

Olof Ekbergh July 31st, 2012 08:46 AM

Re: Powering fs700 with anton bauer batteries?

I have a small voltage converter that can output 7.3v, I will be experimenting using it to power the 700 from a D-tap. I also have IDX plates that output 7.3v. Or you can order AB plates with the 7.3 output and just change the battery interface to the plug.

I plan on using the external power supply socket to feed the power. I am currently trying to find the connector plug, I may have to make it if I can't find a source for it.

I really like using V-mounts or Goldmount brick batteries on my camera rigs they offer good balance and universal power for lights NanoFlash etc.

I will let you know how it goes.

Olof Ekbergh August 5th, 2012 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got some of the right plugs and just tried it.

I can now supply IDX (V-mount) and AB (GoldMount) plates and cabling that work great with the FS700. So you can use existing brick batteries.

So I will have the AB and IDX power kits available for ordering on my WEBstore by the end of the week. These will also be able to power NanoFlash and/or EVF and still have an open D-tap for an on camera light.

The kits will also help balance the camera for shouldering.

If you need one asap contact me direct.

Here are a couple photos of a kitted out 700 including IDX plate.

Kirk Nehring August 5th, 2012 06:08 PM

That's great, I'll definitely look for an AB mount on your webpage this week.

Olof Ekbergh August 6th, 2012 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just ordered a batch of those jacks, so I will have finished cabling by the end of the week.

Here is a photo of the IDX version using the 7.3v D-tap on the IDX plate. There is also a 12-18v Dtap on the plate.

I will have a few different solutions for mounting the plate to the 700, I will post photos of that soon.

The AB version will simply be a cable coming out of the Gold-Plate with the correct power for the 700.

If you want to just order the cable I can supply those as well if you already have a Gold-plate wit 7.3-7.8v battery adapter and want to do your own conversion. Or you can send me your plate and I will do the soldering for you.

Contact me direct if you are in a rush. I should have all the options on my WEBstore by the end of the week.

Will Salley September 11th, 2012 03:39 PM

Olof, Do you have, or know where I can find, the FS700 power connector cable like you have on the IDX kit? I have a V-mount with 7.4VDC output, so I need only the jack and cable with bare wire leads.

Thanks

Olof Ekbergh September 12th, 2012 06:48 PM

I can sell you just the cable with pigtail.

Contact me directly.