My new PPs for FS700 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old August 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

My new PPs for FS700

After my first commercial shoot with the 700, I came back and decided to make some changes in the PPs I use.

I have another shoot tomorrow in similar very bright outdoor scenes in a theme park, I will be using #2 in my chart.

I was using the #1PP I had set up on Fridays shoot it looked fine but really had more dynamic range than the shots really needed, it really never hit 0 or 100 on any of the shots.

So that is why I sat down with my scopes again and aimed the camera at a mountain scene out my window in the studio, with bright blue sky and puffy clouds as well as shade under the trees and a bit of the inside of my office with a black leather chair and a Tiffany light turned on with warm incandescent bulb.

What I will do is look at the histogram and I have the zebras set to 100+, and basically that way if I never see zebras nothing is blown out, and I can balance the histogram so that I have all the shadow detail. Or I can very easily control what is blown out.

After a lot of experimenting this is what I came up with:
Attached Thumbnails
My new PPs for FS700-fs700pps.png  
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: My new PPs for FS700

Thanks Olof, those may come in handy soon. I'll share some PPs soon, but your #2 looks very close to what I did manually.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, the future 4k enabling firmware will have on the 700s dynamic range.
Will Salley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: My new PPs for FS700

while filming over the weekend I used a slight variation of your #2PP thanks for posting. you can see the video at my website if you like.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta