FS700 with Samurai vs F3 with EX codec - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: FS700 with Samurai vs F3 with EX codec

Using a simple dumb F3 to canon adapter you can use lenses such as the rather nice fast Samyang Cine lenses as these have manual iris rings (with gears). They come in 8mm, 14mm, 24mm, and 35mm and there will be future 50mm and 85mm options.

On my F3's (one of which I'm selling) I use primarily Sigma Nikon fit lenses. Choose carefully and you get decent iris rings and the Sigma lenses focus in the right direction (Nikkor lens focus in the opposite direction to most other lenses).
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #17
Trustee

Re: FS700 with Samurai vs F3 with EX codec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svein Rune Skilnand View Post
maybe the BMCC would do both jobs perfectly in a small and affordable package?
*cough* *splutter* - surely, you jest! :-) Shooting R&G docco on the BMCC would be like trying to take holiday snaps with a 5x4 Sinar. Heck, you even need a cloth to drape over the back in sunlight!

But you point out an interesting emerging behaviour in camera technology.

Finding 'the one' camera is a pointless task - we'll all have a few, just like Malcolm Gladwell's Spaghetti Sauce presentation. One camera may fit 40% of your needs, so you need at least 3!

Your GoPro for action and crashcam, your DSLR for low profile and 'Ikea' style talking heads, your middle of the road Ford Taurus like an FS700/C100 or, if flush and happier with bigger stuff, a LandCruiser F3 or C300. Then perhaps your fork lift truck BMCC for chromakey and art shoots. All that gear and glass for the price of an F800 and an HD ENG lens.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta