Servo zoom lens for the FS700? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old February 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #16
Tourist

Re: Servo zoom lens for the FS700?

How much are you asking for your SELP18200?
Rand Lechner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #17
Trustee

This is the latest info I have received via a product flash re lenses for the FS 100/700:

SELP18200 Power Zoom Lens now available separately

The NEX-EA50H camcorder is supplied together with an 18-200mm power zoom lens and there have been many requests for this lens as a stand-alone product.

The SELP18200 lens is now available separately, as a Consumer product.

The lens has its own Tele/Wide zoom control switch, but in order to use it on the NEX-FS700 with handgrip servo control, a firmware upgrade is required for the camera. This will be free of charge and available for download from February 21st.

It is possible to control the zoom by a LANC or IF wireless remote controller, but not the focus.

SRP ex GST AUD$1,317.27

Consumer has also announced the SELP1650 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 power zoom lens. This can be used on the NEX-EA50H and also the NEX-FS700 once fitted with the same firmware upgrade as above.

· Power zoom can be controlled using both zoom lever on the camera and the zoom lever on the lens. On an NEX-FS100, or NEX-FS700 with original software, the power zoom can only be controlled using the zoom lever on the lens.

· The optics of SELP1650 are designed to be used with cameras that have a lens compensation function. The NEX-EA50H has this, but the NEX-FS100 and NEX-FS700 do not. If using this lens with NEX-FS100 or NEX-FS700, distortion, aberration and/or light falloff at the image periphery will occur at wide-angle focal lengths.

Not overly exiting news but there you have it from the horses mouth.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #18
Major Player

So in what way is the SELP18200 different/better than the SEL18200 kit lens.
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hi Chris

My new servo 18-200 lens comes in a couple of days please can you tell me were i can download the update from meny thanks Wilf.
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Just one more question my friend had his VG900 dilivered yesturday so today i went round with my bag of lenses primes and zoom lenses we put on SAMYANG 14MM prime pressed the rocker zoom switch low and behold a nice slow variable zoom (electronicaly of corse but still not bad) does anyone know when the firmware is put on the FS700 will that function be included. Thanks again Wilf.
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Sorry folks i take that last statement back. Played footage back on big screen not realy very good at all very grainy Thanks Wilf.
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Hi again

Just one little footnote been useing VG900 all day the only realy bad point and it is a bad point i think the term is called ailiasing example when you point the camera at a brick wall the wall is shimmering all over the place, when you film car grills or almost anything with straight lines the edges are flickering all over the place really bad. Take my advice spend a bit more money and buy a FS100 OR FS700 you can't compare the pictures they are like chalk and cheese honest. Thanks Wilf.
Old March 6th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #23
Major Player

Has the FS700 firmware to operate the servo SELP18200 Power Zoom Lens come out yet?

Is there a link to down load it?
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #24
New Boot

According to B&H who asked Sony for me about the upgrade new camerass have it now and the upgrade will otherwise be available in two weeks.
Neville Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Sony Asia

Sony Asia has had the power zoom enabled firmware for download since Feb 25:

Firmware Upgrade Ver2.0 for Windows : Download : Sony Professional Solutions Asia Pacific

Note that the AC adapter is required to complete the update.

SELP18200 lenses are in stock at B&H in the USA.

From the site:

Sony is offering a firmware upgrade for NXCAM Camcorder "NEX-FS700"

[Applicable model]
NXCAM Camcorder
“NEX-FS700K”
“NEX-FS700”

[Applicable firmware version]
The applicable products are with the firmware version "Ver.1.00" .
(Please visit the download page to check the firmware version installed on your product.)

[Contents of upgrade]
Function addition that E-mount power zoom lens control by zoom lever on the camcorder.
Object lenses are followings. (As of Feb. 2013) E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS : SELP18200
Juan A. Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #26
New Boot

Sounds great what if i'm not operating windows but mac osx ?
Neville Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Neville,

Here's the link for Mac OS:

Support for NEX-FS700 : NXCAM (AVCHD) : Professional Cameras : Sony Professional Solutions Asia Pacific

Jr. Pascual
49 Productions
Junior Pascual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Just received mine today. (Australia). Stock was 3 weeks away, and due to use on a project I ended up getting it from Hong Kong on eBay. Immediately worked fine on the firmware I loaded a few weeks ago.

I was kind of hoping at the same time we would get the digital lossless crop zoom for prime lenses, but don't think so. Maybe they have to enable 4k out at same time or something?

Anyway, I was holding off until someone did some iq to make sure optics really were the same as the non power lens. Then I saw someone's detailed zoom tests and looked ok.

I've not done detailed tests yet, but looks good and the zoom speed is serviceable.

I'm more likely to use it for a cinema style zoom though, eng style it probably would be too slow, and then you are grabbing it manually but it is smoother manual than the non power zoom stock lens.

It's nice to have the rectangle video hood, but ill miss the bag storage aspect of the petal hood (where you can reverse it onto the lens). You cannot with the power zoom, due to the underslung motor, best you can do is reverse it and sit it loosely over it vertically. Would work in a pinch if space was tight

Happy to field other queries.
Kieran Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #29
Regular Crew

How slow can you set the automatic zoom out on this lens? I need a automatic zoom as slow as possible for time lapses?
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #30
Major Player

Sony will soon release the 18-105 f4 power zoom as well....
Interchangeable E-mount Lens | 18-105mm f/4 Mid-Range Zoom Lens Review | SELP18105G | Sony USA
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta