Zacuto fs700 shooter rig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old December 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Zacuto fs700 shooter rig

Hi has anyone baught the Zacuto shooter rig for their FS700 if so is it any good is it reasonably balanced on your shoulder etc. I already have a Zacuto evf and Zamerican arm.Most of the time i use my cam on tripod or monopod but there are just a few times i would like to put it on my shoulder so if anyone has one your views would be much appreciated. Thanks Wilf.
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Zacuto fs700 shooter rig

While I have not tried the specific FS700 Zacuto rig, I have used their components for other cameras and they are very well made but of average design. I've never been a fan of dead (non-functioning) counterweight to achieve camera balance. There are other, less expensive competing components that use a battery and / or chest support that might work better. Zacuto tends to be overpriced for such simple engineering.
Will Salley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Zacuto fs700 shooter rig

Will is very correct Zacuto is very expensive and overpriced but i checked and checked all the alternatives and eventualy a baught a shooter i modified it a bit but i do find it does the job that i want it to do i disregarded the handle swivel i put on another rod on at right angles on the front for my right hand along with a libec lanc control The thing is i film weddings so when i take my cam off the shooter it comes off in one piece i don't have to mess around swapping handle from shooter to cam and visaversa so i can go from shooter to monopod to tripod as quick as a flash.
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta