Broken Metabones EF adaptor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old March 11th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1
Major Player

Broken Metabones EF adaptor

I had to plane side check my Tenba roller bag with my FS700 in it. I had left my Canon 24-105 lens attached to the camera via the adaptor. I had done this in the past without any problems, though I had not plane checked the bag before while doing this. When we landed instead of giving us our bags at plane side, they sent all the bags to the baggage claim area.

When I got to my hotel tonight I opened my bag to charge my batteries. When I picked up my camera to replace the battery I noticed that the lens was hanging off the camera mount and there were wires showing. The Metabones mount snapped in half and the screws came out. I found the screws, but I am not sure that I can put it back together. The black "foam" that coats the inside plastic lens shroud (I think that this prevents reflections) has of course broken and I think will cause some vignetting.)

I can shoot with my Canon 5DM3 for the first day of the shoot, but I need to have a new adaptor ASAP. Does anyone know if any vendors have them in stock?

Thanks,

Dan Weber
Attached Thumbnails
Broken Metabones EF adaptor-broken-metabones-ef-e-mount.jpg  
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Broken Metabones EF adaptor

But... where have you flown to? This is a list of Metabones resellers:

Metabones - Resellers
Bo-Ming Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Major Player

I am in Nebraska, in the US. I will contact AbelCine when they open since they are on the East Coast and will open the soonest.
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Major Player

Abel Cine is out of stock....
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta