Fs 700 Handle Extention at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old May 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Fs 700 Handle Extention

Hi
Can anyone tell me were i can buy a handle extention to put between camera and handgrip ( i already have the Zacuto grip relocater) i don,t want to fasten it to the rods just a simple extention but it has to be sturdey Thanks Wilf.
Wilf Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Fs 700 Handle Extention

Here you go.

Sony FS700 handle extension
Attached Thumbnails
Fs 700 Handle Extention-fs700-kit1.jpg  
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

There's also this one: FS-700 Side Handle Rosette | Berkey System
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re: Fs 700 Handle Extension

You are going to want the Westside AV handle extension, it is very sturdy. I had the Zacuto grip relocator and promptly returned it, much happier with the one I got from Olaf
Mark Bolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Blimey I'm spoilt for choice.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Peter Please can I ask you a question. I am wanting at times to use my 700 at times on my shoulder hence the handle question currently I use a Zacuto evf with all the rods etc but I find unless I use quite a large counter balance my cam is very front heavy with the weight on its balanced fine but the whole set up is just a bit to heavy for me personaly, your viewfinder is a lot smaller or it looks it on the photo is it a good one whats it called and how do much they cost hope you don't think me cheeky . I seem to be spending a lot of money but not quite getting things just rite . Meny thanks Wilf.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #7
Major Player

The thing that can make the camera front-heavy is the placement of the shoulder pad. the further forward it is, the more of the camera weight is behind it and the better balanced the rig can be. Of course that calls for the handle and viewfinder to be extended forward... I do like the look of the VF extension mount in the photo. Who makes that?

On another note, I've been a bit underwhelmed with the viewing delay on the Zacuto finder coming off the HDMI output. It's just long enough that if I do a focus pull, by the time I see the image in focus I've pulled too far and have to go back :-(
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Dave
That's what I have being trying to find out. I do like my Zacuto its just a bit bulky. I just baught the same base and shoulder brace that's in the photo that realy is good just ordered the front handles for it to. i'm looking at the Alphatron viewfinder it seems to look not quite as bulky as mine and also with the rite mount works more like a traditional viewfinder well that's another shed full of money gone up in smoke. Thanks Wilf.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilf Davies View Post
Peter Please can I ask you a question. I am wanting at times to use my 700 at times on my shoulder hence the handle question currently I use a Zacuto evf with all the rods etc but I find unless I use quite a large counter balance my cam is very front heavy with the weight on its balanced fine but the whole set up is just a bit to heavy for me personaly, your viewfinder is a lot smaller or it looks it on the photo is it a good one whats it called and how do much they cost hope you don't think me cheeky . I seem to be spending a lot of money but not quite getting things just rite . Meny thanks Wilf.
Hi Wilf, the EVF is the newest Retina EVF from Cineroid. The camera is a a little front heavy with Nikon zooms, but not so much with the SELP18200. I'm shooting a commercial in the Italian Alps at the moment as we are using an F3 and my FS700 doing super-slomos and handheld work from the back of a van. It sits nicely on the shoulder and most of the FS700 footage is being shot handheld. The Tilta Shoulder mount and West AV extenders are great!
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #10
Sponsor: Westside AV

I offer an expandable kit for the 700, I love and use that camera myself. And I am very exited about the upcoming 4K solutions from convergent design.

Here are some photos of my shoulder system, handle extension, and EVF holder. My favorite EVF is the Alphatron (it is SDI, very robust cabling) but it works well with any of the EVF's.

The parts for the kit can be seen and ordered here:
Sony FS700 shoulder brace

I also offer many battery solutions.
Attached Thumbnails
Fs 700 Handle Extention-700kit1.jpg   Fs 700 Handle Extention-700kit2.jpg  

Fs 700 Handle Extention-700kit3.jpg   Fs 700 Handle Extention-700kit4.jpg  

Old May 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Thanks Peter and everyone else I am now spoilt for choice will make my mind up in a couple of days thanks again, Wilf.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:04 AM   #12
Major Player

I would really recommend Olof's handle extension. It's a rock-solid tight connection with the camera unlike other handles which attach to the 15mm rails. They can get in the in the way of FF controls and swivel unintentionally.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta