Run & Gun Lens - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta
4K EXMOR sensor with SDI, slow-motion recording.

Old July 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Run & Gun Lens

I've owned both glass at the same time (as I had VG20 when I bought my EA50), and I can honestly tell you. Scientifically the new version will probably have better glass (well because it's new and manufactured more recently so they may have tweaked it...)

But visually, when looking at the results with the human eye, no difference what so ever !

The SELP18200 only selling point is the fact it's got a automated zoom switch/motor. Other than that, the picture is the same as the SEL18200.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Manford View Post
I've owned both glass at the same time (as I had VG20 when I bought my EA50), and I can honestly tell you. Scientifically the new version will probably have better glass (well because it's new and manufactured more recently so they may have tweaked it...)

But visually, when looking at the results with the human eye, no difference what so ever !

The SELP18200 only selling point is the fact it's got a automated zoom switch/motor. Other than that, the picture is the same as the SEL18200.
Thanks James! I believe you and am not surprised.

My favorite all-purpose handheld shooting lens so far has been the Canon 24-105 via Speed Booster. I am also hopeful about the rumoured Sony E-mount G zoom...
Al Yeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:25 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Which seems to be a 55-150/2,8...

My run'n gun lens is the Canon 17-55/2,8 IS USM via Metabones adapter. There is no usable AF but Auto Iris and IS (!). Like it so far but really look forward to the rumoured Sigma 24-70/2,0 with IS...
Erik Wittbusch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS700 CineAlta