recording issue with cx550 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old February 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Major Player

recording issue with cx550

i was shooting a party last night and while i was recording, it kept stopping and going into standby, realized it was the battery and changed with new one, but kept doing it and the film strip would come on screen and blink on part of it like a battery being low. i know i had plenty of space left.
also,
im assuming i can turn off face recognition, it got annoying after a while
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: recording issue with cx550

Battery shouldn't give you a problem, as long as it's a genuine Sony - they run until the lo bat indicator starts to flash, and eventually will just turn off entirely.

Any possibility there was someone else with a IR remote in the area? I've had cameras shut off sometimes for no apparent reason, and suspect that it may be a stray IR remote signal, so I will sometimes turn off the remote function if I think there's going to be too much stray "noise".

Yes, you can turn off tace recognition.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Major Player

dave where would that ir remote have come from?
it happened after i put anew battery on. sony brand, but the little filmstrip showed and was blinking in one part of it as if there wasnt space left, but i think i had enough. any disadvantage to turning off ir remote?
also, when i go to the face recognition icon on menu and clik on it, it says unavailable
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Major Player

Face detection only works in full auto mode. If your camera is in for instance, manual white balance or one of the preset white balance modes or manual exposure mode, the face detection menu will grey out.
Also I'm a bit confused by you saying about not having enough or not enough space. It sounds more like you may be having a problem with your card and not the battery. Have you tried switching to another card or using the internal memory? If it's about the battery, try plugging in via the AC adapter. If the problem goes away when using the adapter then try switching the batteries.
Wacharapong Chiowanich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders