RX10 methods to get continuous recording at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old August 1st, 2014, 09:18 AM   #1
Major Player

RX10 methods to get continuous recording

What are the options/methods to get continuos recording out of a RX10?

I presume you'll need a HD recorder of some sort and someway to extend battery life, is there a ac for it? Whats cheapest you can get it to record continuously?

Thanks
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Contributor

Re: RX10 methods to get continuous recording

Matt the cheapest recorders I know of are the BMD Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 (which I'd hesitate to recommend as it is a handy but flawed piece of equipment) and then I think maybe Atomos has a few more reliable units that are a little more expensive. Atomos is or is just about to release the Ninja star which is cheaper than the HDS2 but uses only CFAST media which is currently much more expensive per gigabyte than SSD storage.

At $695 the Ninja 2 is IMO the best option for the RX10 but it is more than 50% cost of the camera..

Powering is the easy bit - you can get a powered battery adapter and the battery housing on the RX10 comes with a port so the cable can easily come out of the camera and the door can still be closed. I'm not sure if any of the site sponsors stock it - being in Australia I bought mine on a well known auction site..

However stopping the camera from turning off is more difficult as it has auto powersave option that can't be disabled only set to a maximum of 30 minutes. I have read you can get around this by half depressing the shutter button but I'm not sure you can do that unattended..
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders