New Clips Compilation RX-10M2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders

Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders
Pro quality results from Sony consumer grade equipment.

Old September 2nd, 2015, 03:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Clips Compilation RX-10M2

HI ALL :
My initial experience with the RX-10M2

THANK YOU
LUIDOLY
Luis A. Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: New Clips Compilation RX-10M2

Good stuff Luis
Got this cam for personal use but used it at a wedding for couple clips. It is really growing on me. But whatever I do I prefer auto iso for some reason the camera works better?
Neutral setting 0 0 0 best so far. Slog-2 good but so hard to control with trying to over exposure with the back scroll wheel. Canon cameras with the meter bar, you know to stop down or up but rx10 only flashes and to get correct exposure means it just stops flashing? Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 05:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Steve:

All clips were shot with auto ISO, I have very little experience with the S-Log setting but I know it can be used effectively to increase the Dynamic Range in post with color grading.
I will try that next, my main input is aperture priority and I am surprised at the little noise you have even at ISO 6400. Also the fact that the full HD XVAC-S AT 60P is a very good codec to use for full HD. I wish it would have Active Steady Shot in 4K, may be in an upcoming firmware upgrade.

THANKS
LUIDOLY
Luis A. Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Trustee

Cheers buddy. The aperture mode is great and I use mostly the 2,8 aperture which gives a little bokeh. xvhc-s
At 50 p here UK is great. Stupid no steady shot in 4k.?? Good luck Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2015, 05:26 AM   #5
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis A. Diaz View Post
Thanks Steve:

I wish it would have Active Steady Shot in 4K, may be in an upcoming firmware upgrade.

THANKS
LUIDOLY
Active steady shot crops off the edges and digitally stabilises the image. Can't do this in 4K mode. Not enough processing power I would think..
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony RX CyberShots and CX Series Camcorders