Shoot 16x9 how will it play on 4x3? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old September 8th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #16
Wrangler

My 27" set is maybe 5 years old. Perhaps the new ones auto-detect, I think I read that somewhere in a brochure. But none of the 4:3 WEGA's smaller than 27" have this feature at all. I know because I looked at all of them last winter when I bought a new TV.

Then on the other hand, are you sure that it isn't your DVD player that's automatically letterboxing?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #17
Inner Circle

>Then on the other hand, are you sure that it isn't your DVD >player that's automatically letterboxing?

Hmmm. I'll try hooking the new Sony DVP-NC665P DVD player into my very old 27" TV sometime.

I don't see any feature in the specs that would do auto-letterboxing or auto-aspect :

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=hYmrUTlTx1urUAYPcM-hWnZDooPhZR_dcwI=?CategoryName=hav_DVD_DVDPlayers&ProductSKU=DVPNC665P%2fS&Dept=hav
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #18
Wrangler

That Sony 40" is one massive tube! Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Sony and Mitsubishi are the only ones who have attempted a CRT tube of that size. The Mits was a big bubble analog set from around 94' or 95' with massive handles on the side.

I just sold my Sony Wega today (34" HD CRT) and my back is not sorry to see that heavy monster go. I'm replacing it with a 50" LCD Hitachi set that weighs about 100lb. Of course the native 720p support has me wishing for another consumer HD besides the crippled JVC twins.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #19
RED Problem Solver

The BBC prety much demand that all new programming be in 16x9 anamorphic widescreen, delivered on anamorphic DigiBeta. The whole of europe is rapidly going widescreen.
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion