Muff for Microphone? Favorites/Opinions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old March 17th, 2004, 08:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Muff for Microphone? Favorites/Opinions?

Hi All
I know this has been covered at different times here and there, but I'm sort of looking for an update...

I'll be shooting some footage at the beach this summer (hanggliding in North Carolina). I did this last year without a muffler on the PDX-10s stock micophone, and got lots of wind noise. Looking at buying a muffler for the stock mic.

For those who have one, has MicMuff (http://www.mikemuff.com/) given anyone good results? It looks fine, and the price is about what I'm willing to pay (40 USD)

Any other favorites in that price range I might look at?

Thanks!
Chris Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:09 AM   #2
Trustee

For on-board mics, I haven't really seen anything like the MicMuff you mentioned. It does help definitely as I've used their muff before on a boom. For boom mics, of course, there are much better (and much more expensive) solutions available. Still, the performance in wind is pretty dern decent for as cheap as it is.

But for on-board microphones, I don't even know of any other products like it - but then, I've never looked. Either way, it does help and the price is great.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Muff for Microphone? Favorites/Opinions?

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Long : Hi All

For those who have one, has MicMuff (http://www.mikemuff.com/) given anyone good results? It looks fine, ...
-->>>

I use it and I am very happy with it: it was very effective when recording a surfing happening at sea with very much wind as long as I kept the storm more or less in the back.
Jan Roovers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion