Best Price on PDX10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best Price on PDX10

Anyone know where I can get the best price on the PDX10? Of course I want the dealer to be a reputable place. I don't mind paying a slight bit more to have peace of mind that I will actually get the camera.
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:48 PM   #2
New Boot

Paul,

We just purchsed a PDX10 from Video Services of America, which is why I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks. It's supposed to arrive tommorrow. We paid $1885.00 plus shipping. We have bought from this company before, with no complaints. We had some problems with a Primera Bravo we purchased from them, and they fixed the problem right away.

Our salesperson is Jason Muehlhausen ( jason@vsa1.com ).

Hope that helps,

Pat Handley
Handley Video Productions
Judy Handley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:08 PM   #3
Wrangler

Paul: Here at DVinfo we urge you to support our sponsors, such as B&H Photo. If the prices are slightly higher the peace of mind you will get from using a reputable company will more than make up for it. And you will also have a nice warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you're supporting one of our supporters. :-) Use the link in my signature for more info on our sponsors.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:15 AM   #4
Tourist

Just a comment about suppliers; over the years I've tried many different companies. I've always come back to B&H Photo. B&H has competitive prices (but indeed not always the lowest price). Hands down, B&H does have outstanding value when you take into consideration price, how reputable the organization is, quality and promptness of customer service, etc.

Support B&H -- they have earned it. And no, I have no affliation with them or any other vendor.
Rob Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM   #5
Wrangler

I got my PDX10 last year from B&H during a summer DVCAM sale for $1850.

Maybe call them up and ask about matching the sale price if you buy it right then and there. Or at least ask if they are planning another sale. It never hurts to ask and it definitely won't hurt to try several times. :)

Good luck!

ps - Like Boyd mentioned, B&H is a great place to buy the PDX10 (or any cam for that matter). Its worth noting that B&H is on the VERY short list of Sony Authorized Internet Sellers.

http://www.sel.sony.com/cgi-bin/SEL/...gi/aid_list.pl
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion