windscreen for PDX10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old December 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #1
New Boot

windscreen for PDX10

Hello,

I would like to know if the Rycote Mini Windjammer for PDX150/PDX170 is also working for the PDX10 because I will mainly use my (futur) camera outside on mountains so often with a lot of wind... By the way is' it the same microphone on PDX150/170 and the PDX10.

Thank in advance for any answers,

Pierre
Old December 15th, 2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Contributor

Yes, it seems to be the same mic (I own a PDX10 and use a PD150 and a PD170 from time to time) so the windscreen should work just fine.
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank you for your answer, it's useful for me.

Feliz Navidad :)

Pierre
Old December 27th, 2004, 04:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

"outside on mountains so often with a lot of wind..."

The mini windjammer might be good enough for you, but if it isn't then you should try this longer hair windshield:

I have the Rycote "12cm medium hole softie, front only". It is a 12 cm windshield with relatively long hair. It replaces the foam windshield completely and it makes wonders in high wind. I used it outdoors on Iceland: no trees there, just flat land, mountains and the ocean...

The softie front fits quite well on the PDX10. It's not a perfect fit though, because it doesn't slide all the way back over the mic: The XLR box is in the way. It still covers 95% of the mic or so and does quite a good job.
Ralf Strandell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion