Accessories advice TRV950 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old October 2nd, 2002, 05:52 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Chris! I am actually now trying to decide between the Pro -L, the PG-L or the Pro-LX. My concern is with the Libec M20 Pan handle. It has a Plastic grip that flares largers as it get closer toward the end. The PG-L with it bracket and pistol grip will leave enough space between the Libec handle and the Varizoom handle as to not have to worry about my hand being in a cramped space, but I like Pro-LX, but my fear is when I attach it to the Libec handle that it will leave my hand in a tight fit. I wish I could find a local store that carried these things. Oh well. Anyone have the Varizooms on a Libec M20?
Keith Luken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2002, 07:24 PM   #17
Major Player

Well Chris, I agree so I went and did it, just ordered the PG-L, so hopefully next week I will be trying it out. Now with all this fancy equipment let's see how badly I butcher my friends wedding, my first big shoot, in 2 weeks! Hopefully with my Libec and Varizoom I can get some nice steady shoots!
Old October 3rd, 2002, 10:17 PM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

Congrats Keith, I think the PG-L is the better choice. It sits up off the handle a bit; plenty of room for your hand in there. Be sure to let us all know how you like it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2002, 06:48 AM   #19
Major Player

My mistake I ordered the Pro-L, I am going to put it at the end of the Pan handle and wanted it to act like a continuation of the Pan handle since I feel the Libec Pan handle is a little short. If the pan handle were longer I was going to opt for the PG-L for the reasons you specified. I'll let you know how I like it when it comes next week. Thanks for all your help and advice!
Old October 4th, 2002, 07:27 AM   #20
Obstreperous Rex

Well in that case you did the right thing, as you can hang the Pro-L at the end of the handle and it will work like an extension. Good move,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2002, 08:36 PM   #21
Major Player

Any suggestions on a decent (not too expensive) shoulder support for a GL2? One that would allow me to use the Varizoom Pro-L would be nice?
Keith Luken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion