error message displayed, C-13-01, please help... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old January 27th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

error message displayed, C-13-01, please help...

hi, I was starting to capture some footage I shot with a different camera on my handycam. As soon as I put it in it started making this funny, high pitched grinding noise. I closed it anyway (probably bad idea) and started to play it. The picture came up but it was very jittery and distorted, not like with a dirty head, but very weird and jumpy, even the color was distorted. I've never seen anything like it. The camera stopped playing after a while and displayed the message "C-13-01" or maybe it was, "C-30-01" I don't really know because I took the tape out quikly and have been too scared to put it back in. Please help.
thanks
-alex
Alex Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Wrangler

You don't say what camera you were using. Look in the back of your camcorder manual for a description of error codes. On the PDX-10 these are listed under the heading of "Self-diagnosis display" in the "Troubleshooting" section. It explains that codes begining with the letter C are user-serviceable and codes beginning with E are not.

I don't see either a c-13 or c-30 prefix, but there are the following:

C:31:xx
C:32:xx

> A malfunction other than the above that you can service has occured.

> Remove the cassette and inset it again, then operate your camcorder.

> Disconnect the power cord of the AC power adaptor or remove the battery pack.
After reconnecting the power supply, operate your camcorder.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ok, I took the casette out and played it on a DV deck, it was fine. And I put it back in the camera and that was also fine. So I don't know what went wrong, hopefully it won't happen again. And sorry for being so vague.
-alex
Alex Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

On another camera I had something similar.
Turned out to be condensation. The camera has an inbuilt protection against moisture.
Chris Thiele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion