2 PDX10s for Work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old April 14th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #1
New Boot

2 PDX10s for Work

I already own a PDX10 and am in need of a second camera. I produce a web-based health news show and create instructional DVDs about sewing and cooking. I need two cameras to cover the subjects.

With that said, does any one use 2 PDX10s and how is it going? If not, what other camera would you recommend as a second camera and how is that working out?
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #2
Wrangler

If it fits your budget you might consider the HDR-Z1. It will shoot 16:9 DV or DVCAM like your PDX-10, has bigger chips, better manual controls and should be a little better in low light. As a bonus you get HDV.

Of course you could buy 3 more PDX-10's for the same price though...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for recommendation. I figure I can build my cash flow and also my experience, then one day go after the bigger cameras.

I was also thinking about getting the DSR-11 DVCAM to complete my embroynic setup.
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:01 PM   #4
Wrangler

Since you already have a PDX-10 you must have formed an opinion about it. Are you happy? If so then just get another one. Truth is, there is not much that can come close in its price range...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #5
New Boot

I like many things about the camera...its size...ease of use...and professional contour. Sometimes another opinion is right on time. I had the mind to get another one. Just needed a little assurance.

By the way is there any value in the DSR-11 DVCAM. I am looking to get that too.
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #6
Contributor

> By the way is there any value in the DSR-11 DVCAM

What for? You can always buy the cheapest MiniDV HandyCam and use it a stransport, they play DVCAM perfectly, and you get an extra little camera as a bonus!
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #7
New Boot

That makes sense.
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #8
Contributor

Yes. And it's less-expensive to just buy another one when the heads die than get new heads for a pro deck.
Old April 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM   #9
Trustee

On the other hand...The DSR-11 will allow you to use large cassettes. That allows you to archive your program(s) onto a longer tape. You can get up to 184 minutes of DVCam tape on the larger tapes.

Very handy for archiving multiple versions of short works, TV spots, etc, or a place to put that whole feature film we all want to do.

Use DVCam whenever you can rather than MiniDV. I have yet to get a single dropout with DVCam on the Sony Pro (blue plastic box) tapes.

And, stick to the same tape stock for the rest of the cameras life if you can.

My 2 cents.

Hi Boyd.... (I always try to say hello to Boyd when I can)

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion