Which Adobe Product? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old August 7th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #1
Tourist

Which Adobe Product?

I need some help to find out which is the best Adobe editing package to use with the PD 170. I have just recently purchased the camera, but it will not reconize the Adobe 6.5 package which I have been using. The firewire will not connect, it worked fine with my old PD 150, but not with the PD 170. Can anyone help an Aussie.
Jason Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Your new PD should work beautifully and seamlessly with Premiere v6.5. Don't understand what you mean when you say: the firewire will not connect it. Try again.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #3
Tourist

Tom, have tried a number of times. I even phoned the Adobe helpline today and they couldn't even tell me which package to use. I have the setting on DV Cam, can this cause a problem?
Jason Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 07:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

No. DVCAM is still DV. Try your 150 again. Still work ok? You've not switched the 170 to 16:9 and forgotten to alter Premiere's capture settings? Your 170 records and plays back perfectly normally? Try another camera / VCR connected to Premiere - I suspect the firewire interface is faulty - it's the cables that give up first.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Try putting using the 170 tape in the 150 to play back, that way, you can isolate whether it is the camera, firewire, or what. Incidentally, I don't know if it works with DV Cam, but with by VX2000, I always use a cheap MiniDV to capture so I am not wearing out the VX2000.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion