Cavision Sunshade at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cavision Sunshade

I'm sitting here at work looking at this sunshade i just ordered for my VX2k and I really can't visualize just how this thing attaches. I see the adapter rings and screw. Does this simply just tighten around my Optex WA. Looks like it would slip since there is only a slight lip on the ring. Anyone?

tks, Charles
Charles French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 09:59 AM   #2
Major Player

I use the Cavision lens shade on my Sony wide lens, which I am pretty sure is bigger than your Optex, and it works great. Indeed, just slip the shade over the lens, and titen the screw to hold it in place. I leave it on all the time, even when its in the Pelican case.

John Anthony at Cavision is pretty helpful if you think you are missing something, give him a call. I should all be pretty simple. Yeah, easy for me to say.

If it was easy, they'd get a relative to do it.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yea it does fit perfectly. My next question is position. Screw on top bottom or side. The width and height are different. I would the screw is on the side.
Charles French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Flare Buster

Usually the screw is on the side. Don't know any particular reason why.

BTW, if you haven't discovered it yet, the sunshade does not provide particularly effective flare protection. I like the Cavision lens shade, but I would pass on that big honkin' french flag they sell. You'll find by the time it kills the lens flare, its in the shot. I would recommend the Flare Buster. I put a picture of one at http://www.digitalprods.com/fbimage.jpg

Then you can go to the FB site and order one, if you like: http://www.flarebuster.com/buster.html

Nice product at a fair price.

If it was easy, they'd get a relative to do it.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Yes, I too use a Cavision hood on my 0.5x wide-angle converter. It's big, bold, black and beautiful and although "squarer" than 4:3 (why, Cavision?) I like it a lot.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion