VX & PD series battery / batteries - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old March 21st, 2007, 02:07 PM   #211
Inner Circle

My oldest VX2k went this way. Easiest get-around is to fit a big battery (970?) and leave it there for ever - charging it on camera.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM   #212
Regular Crew

In the upper right area of this exploded view you find two batteries marked BT801 and BT802. Further down is a notation about BT801 and 802. It looks like they are installed within the handle of the pd-170.

http://www2.sonysupport.com/PF/POV04...pperhandle.PDF

Duane
Duane Burleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #213
Regular Crew

Batteries for VX2100

I've got two L-series Li-Ion batteries from an old Sony TRV-540 (L330). Is there a reason to not use them on the VX2100? They aren't listed in the manual, but they are Li-Ion and L series.

I know they won't have a long life for filming, but maybe they could serve as a backup for finishing up a shoot if need be.

Thanks,
Grant
Grant Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #214
Wrangler

If they don't say Info-Lithium on them, they won't work. But if you install them, the camera will tell you very quickly if they will or won't.
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #215
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rehmus View Post
If they don't say Info-Lithium on them, they won't work. But if you install them, the camera will tell you very quickly if they will or won't.
Thanks. They are InfoLithium, L series, so I've got two extra "free" batteries (the old 540 camera has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust). I was more concerned with a voltage issue, but since they are Sony batteries, I should be good to go.

Thanks,
Grant
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #216
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Harrington View Post
Thanks. They are InfoLithium, L series, so I've got two extra "free" batteries (the old 540 camera has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust). I was more concerned with a voltage issue, but since they are Sony batteries, I should be good to go.

Thanks,
Grant
It seems I'm in the same boat as you, Grant. I've got an InfoLithium battery from my old TRV-230. It's an M series, apparently. I hope it works with the new VX2100 I'll likely be buying.
Nelson Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #217
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Cole View Post
It seems I'm in the same boat as you, Grant. I've got an InfoLithium battery from my old TRV-230. It's an M series, apparently. I hope it works with the new VX2100 I'll likely be buying.
M-series won't work. I've got three of those for my current cameras (two TRV-840's) and I just tried putting it in the VX2100 and it is physically different at the base where it sits in the camera back of the VX2100.

Grant
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #218
Major Player

I have a 6-year old digital still camera with the same problem. The internal battery or capacitor it uses to keep the memory going has become senile. However, I find that if I keep batteries in it most of the time, I can take them out for about 1 day, before it starts having "senior-moments" again. I've had a VX2100 for 3 years and it hasn't lost this function yet.

I wish I could plug a battery into my brain, to keep my own memory topped-out. Today, some forget-me-nots bloomed in my yard and for several minutes I couldn't remember what they are called.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:26 PM   #219
New Boot

Which generic battery for pd170?

Hi folks,

I need to get an extra (or 2) sony 970 batteries for my pd170. I have been looking at ebay and seen some "generic" brands for around $40 (sometimes cheaper).

Has anybody used any of these?

Are these batteries ok to use?

Do they show the exact minutes left ?

Some come with a charger, can I use this charger with my sony "originals"?

thanks

Manny.
Manny Caras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #220
New Boot

Hi, i have a PD150 with a couple of generic 970 plus an original. The cheap battery (purchased on Ebay) works fine, no problem at all, same record time of original brand.
Old June 16th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #221
New Boot

Thanks for your reply maurizio..but I heard or read somewhere that on the pd 170 some of these batteries don't work...has anybody out there experienced this?

manny
Manny Caras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:54 AM   #222
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Caras View Post
Thanks for your reply maurizio..but I heard or read somewhere that on the pd 170 some of these batteries don't work...has anybody out there experienced this?

I'm sorry but i don't know problems about generic battery on 170, i confirm my positive experience on my 150 with generic brand just picked on the bunch of ebay sellers.
Old June 17th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #223
Major Player

No name generic batteries at Ebay work on my 2100 & pd170. However, the brand Impact bought at BH do not work with either cam.

The Ebay batteries last 2 to 3 times less than the Sony's.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM   #224
Major Player

3 Questions: Battery dying on me / Settings reset / Cleaning tape head

I bought an my PAL PD-150 about 4 years ago and it has served me faithfully.

Recently I've been running into some problems. Three problems to be percise:

1. My Sony InfoLITHIUM L - NP-F960 battery (also about 4 years old) has been running out after only about an hour of normal use. Even if used immediately after being fully charged and in warm weather. It would usually last for at least 9 hours, with zooming, rewinding, the works - but now it just empties real quick. The display in the camera shows the battery has hundreds of minutes left on it, then suddenly I get the flashing "Low Battery" warning, and within a couple of minutes, it just completely dies on me.

2. This next problem happens once in a while, with no apparent pattern to it. I'll be in the middle of a shoot and have my preferred settings on the camera - custom white balance, auto shutter OFF, NR OFF, some custom presets, etc. I'll take a break and turn my camera OFF. Getting back to the camera after the break and turning it back ON, I'll find that all settings and presets have been reset to the default settings. This can happen when switching batteries, following an automated switch off after being idle, or in any other situation where the camera is turned off and back on again. Real bummer.

3. When starting to record something, I'll sometimes get a message saying something like "Cleaning Tape Head", or something else in that manner. Nothing else doesn't appear to happen. I press stop and then record again and everything seems to be back to normal. Just curious to know if this might mean something I should be aware of.

That's it. Those are my burning questions... will be grateful for any informative replies.

Thanks!
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM   #225
Contributor

The Li-Ion batteries do not last much more than 4 years, it is time to get a new battery.
HTH
http://www.dolgin.net
Alex Dolgin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion