DCR-VX2000 Tape Door at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old December 17th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #1
Tourist

DCR-VX2000 Tape Door

I have a VX-2000 that's about 6 months old, and seem to have a
problem getting the tape access door to open. Sometimes I have
to take my fingernail and pry it open. Anyone else have this
problem and does anyone have a quick fix? If there's a tape in
it, it pops open okay usually.

Thanks for your input.

Dwuane
Dwuane Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Only problem I've had is when the hand strap gets in the way.
Old December 17th, 2003, 10:57 PM   #3
New Boot

I actualy have an opposite problem. It takes several attempts to close the inner door once I insert a tape. Go figure.

Lee
Lee Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 08:04 AM   #4
Wrangler

I've always disliked the whole tape loading procedure on the VX-2000, although I haven't had any hardware problems. But having to depress that tiny blue "nipple" at the same time as sliding the switch is very awkward. Then having to push the door in until it clicks also just feels wrong to me. This is all very frustrating if you're trying to do a quick tape change in the dark while filming a performance. The PDX-10 really has a much nicer mechanism for tape loading.

Is this just me, or to others find the VX-2000 awkward as well?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 11:20 AM   #5
Major Player

The hand strap is about the only thing that bothers me when tape loading.Other than that it beats the bottom loading of my PC-110 hands down so I cant complain too much.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 07:45 PM   #6
Major Player

Yep, mine's done it since I bought it. I don't pry it open with my fingernail, rather, I hold down the "Eject" button and pull the door open (putting my thumb on the horizontal area where the tape window is). It's not that difficult of a thing to do and hasn't been that annoying. I bought a performance guarantee with mine that includes cleaning and service. When I take it in, I'll have them look at it. I'll ask the service guy what the problem was and relay it to you. Don't know exactly when i'll take it in. Won't be until sometime after the holidays.
Old December 18th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #7
Major Player

A funny thing happened to me as I was shooting a hockey game with my brand spanking new PD-170 last week. In an attempt to quickly change tapes, I unwraped the plastic packaging, opened the door of the case, looked at the action I was missing all this time, inserted the tape in the camera.. all this in the span of 5 seconds! But the damn door wouldn't close any more!!! What the f*ck! This d*mn camera is not even 24hrs old! A slight 2 second inspection revealed my stupidity. As I was picking up the tape while watching the action, also grabbed the labels and inserted it in the tape mechanism along with the tape!!!
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #8
Wrangler

I hate it when I do that. It is easy to do. Guess that's why we should all prelabel our tapes!
Old December 21st, 2003, 03:02 PM   #9
Major Player

Ouff! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :-)
Frederic Segard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2003, 10:17 AM   #10
Inner Circle

The reluctant door was a vexing question and took two fingers for a long time until I got lazy one day and simply used my thumb from above to press the little blue latch and work the sliding latch and it goes easily.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion