DXA-4 Rules! (but you know already) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 13th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #1
Major Player

DXA-4 Rules! (but you know already)

Just spent several minutes testing out the DXA-4 with my VX2100 and all kinds of audio sources.

Works great, especially since it does not require any batteries.

The physical design is wonderful also, does not get in my way, except a little bit with the XLR cables coming out on the left side with my hand on the zoom ring, but can be accommodated.

$170, great buy for VX2100 owners.

Can't seems to find any XLR right-angler on the "destination end", there are some at the "source end" from B&H. I have seen cameramen at ball games with the "destination end" XLR right-anglers, wonder where they get it? Can't find any with the Internet search engines either.

BTW, I put the 2nd diversity receiver on the battery like somebody said, works great, thanks.
Law Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Wrangler

Markertek can build cables with right-angle connectors or sell you right-angle connectors. www.markertek.com
Old February 13th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Mike.

I guess they had to build them or you have to do it yourself.

Wonder why there is not a ready-made item? Seems like some people would want it, even for shoulder-mount cameras. I know I want it for my DSR-250 so that the connector does not stuck out like a sore thumb with the battery being so thin.
Law Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #4
Wrangler

Maybe because the XLR right angle connector will point down on your camera. They are not swivel-connectors.

Markertek makes good cables for a reasonable amount. I had them build me a brown-colored cable setup with a right-angle XLR for use on a boom pole. Reasonable price.

I think Shure makes a right-angle connector too.

But if you can handle a soldering iron, you can make your own very easily. Any length you want right down to the tenth of an inch.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion