Help! Vx2100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:07 PM   #1
New Boot

Help! Vx2100

I just purchased a new VX2100. I shot some stuff around the house and around town and it turned out great. then i shot some more stuff around the house. When i went back to watch the footage every so often it would drop out or just pixilate like a bad satillite reception. As far as i know its not doing that any more, just for about 10 min of footage. Is this the tape, or a faulty camera?

thanks
Brett Pitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Wrangler

If the video is clean before and after the noisy section, it is likely the tape.

Read my posting about tape selection at the head of this Forum.

And if you were running in LP mode, I suggest you do not.

Last tip. Never leave tape in your camera. It leaves the tension roller springs extended and lessens their working life. To prevent blank spots on the tape, when you quit taping and before you remove the tape, take about 10 seconds of something. Then backwind the tape to the middle of that and then take the tape out. Next time you put the tape in the camera, part of that section will be overwritten and insure that you have no gaps in the image or timecode.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:48 PM   #3
New Boot

thanks

thanks alot for the tip. That just took alot of weight of my back. I have been worried that i spent 2500 dollars that i barely have on a faulty camera. Thanks again...
Brett Pitts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion