Sony info lithium problem HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony info lithium problem HELP

So I was using this battery, it was working fine. Time to charge, so I did. Same battery. I turn on my PD150, it clicks on for a moment and gives me the InfoLitium only message and turns off.

Why does it do this? What can I do to fix it?
Chris Frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:27 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Was it connected tight? Did you fully charge it? Is it an old/dead battery? Maybe stick in in the freezer for 15 minutes, let it sit in room temp for 15 minutes, and then charge it again. If that doesn't work, you may need to buy a new battery.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:55 PM   #3
New Boot

It was new last year and has only been charged a few times. It was connected fine, if it wasn't it wouldn't turn on at all I would think.
Chris Frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #4
Wrangler

Do you have another battery so you can eliminate the camera as the problem?

Is it possible the battery was subject to shock or something that might break an internal connection?
Old April 25th, 2004, 01:07 AM   #5
New Boot

Yes, the camera works with other batteries.

What's odd is that the battery works now. What I did was put it on the camera to charge for a while longer. It began with 71 minutes on the indicator, and I charged it until it registered over 90 minutes. I then turned the camera on while it was still plugged in, then I pulled the plug with the camera still on and POOF, the battery worked again. No more "lithium only" message.

Any theories why it did/does this?
Chris Frame is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion