Vertical smear on full Zoom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 24th, 2004, 12:23 AM   #1
Tourist

Vertical smear on full Zoom

I have notice a sort of horizontal smear when i fully zoom on the vx2100E. This smear are consistent and sometimes in dark conditions looks like red green and blue lines repeated one after the other.Is this normal on VX2100 ? or is it the norm on 3CCD cameras..?

Please someone explain this.Should i change the camera?

Thanx
Bob Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #2
Tourist

Correction

The smear is vertical not horizontal..sorry for the typo error.
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:33 AM   #3
Wrangler

Sounds like the gain is fully up on the camera. If you cannot see it in any but fully dark conditions, I'd not worry.
Old April 24th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It doesn't sound normal on the VX or on any three chipper. Can you describe more accurately what you're looking at in the v/finder? Are you pointing at a bare light bulb in a darkened room, say, or does this smear appear when the rest of the finder is just dark?

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:01 AM   #5
Tourist

The smear look like interval vertical lines..Its clearly visible on my LCD when fully zoom.

I say it is a smear cosz when fully zoom all the rest of the visual is grainy except the interval of this vertical lines which seams to be smeared.

When look closely focussing on dark subjects the vertical lines looks like red green blue lines. Its more visible when you turn the gain full up.

I cant explain this. I have a single chip TRV22E and it sure dont have this prob..so i know its not normal im just not sure wether this is ok on a 3CCD.

I did some recordings but the smear doesnt projected on the recording...just curious tho to what it is.

At the moment i cant get hold of a VX2100 for comparison.
Old April 25th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #6
Major Player

Can you post a screen grab bob?

John.
John Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:04 AM   #7
Tourist

As mentioned..the smear doesnt seem to be projected on the recording..so i cant grab any visual..

Im just curious as to what it is ...some kind of CCD distortion due to gain increase while zoom or a fault in the LCD itself..
Bob Rush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion