Which XLR Adaptor is Best with VX2100? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 25th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #91
Regular Crew

Thanks. There is an adapter on ebay for cheap and was wondering if it would do the job.

I use the Sign Video adapter myself, but am in the market for another vx2000 and was looking ahead for the necessary accessories.
Mike Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #92
Major Player

I've been using a PD-100 XLR adapter that I got from Ebay on my VX-2000 for a couple of years now. It works great, but it is on backwards as compared to the PD-100.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #93
Major Player

I always had a feeling those PD100 adapters would work on a VX.Laurence do you have any pix of your set up? I think you could actually purchase these xlr boxes from Sony at one point in time.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 10:38 AM   #94
Wrangler

They have, as far as I know, been used on 2000's almost from the start. Problem is the adapter was over $400 IIRC. Made an after-market XLR adapter box very attractive.
Old February 27th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #95
Trustee

XLR Adapter for VX2100?

I just recently recieved a XV2100 to add as my A camera and so far I love it.
There is definitely a big difference between the Sony VX and the Canon GL series of camcorders.
The only complaint I have is I wish there were an easier way to connect XLR's than the beachtek adapter that mounts on the camera base.
I am suprised that Sony never made an XLR adapter to fit on the handle like the PD series or the Canon GL adapter.

Is there an XLR adapter that can mount on the handle on the VX2100 like the PD170 does?

Thanks,
Michael
LVProductions
Michael Liebergot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #96
Wrangler

There was one made for one of the Sony cameras, the Pro version of the 900 IIRC. I think they are still available from Sony but they were not cheap.
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #97
Major Player

beahctek xlr adapter

Hi, i'm planning on getting the beachtek adapter dxa6 for the sony vx2k, was just confirming, the adapter goes on the base of the camcorder, right? How woudl the camera then fit onto the tripod that i have? Will this be a hassle free operation? Any users of this scenario i mentioned? thanks
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM   #98
Major Player

The adapter boxes have tripod mount on the bottom.I've never found it a hassle with mine and using it on a tripod
Old March 5th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #99
Major Player

thanks my next question is, what s the diff betwen the dxa8 and dxa 6? Which would be better for me? i intend to use a boom and a lav system..
Old March 5th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #100
Major Player

Spike you can search the boards and find a lot of info on the DXA-8. The main difference is it contains pre amps and limiters for both channels. This is what i use and its great. I believe the DXA-6 only supplies phantom power with no pres or limiters. IMO the DXA-8 is the best option if you are willing to spend some more $$ and it will work with the boom/lav setup. The preamps allow the manual rec level of the VX set real low so you are using the higher quality pres of the beach to boost your mic signal not the noisy cheap preamp in the VX.The limiters will help smooth out peak overloads.
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:34 AM   #101
Major Player

wow! makes a lotta sense now. Thanks for that Matt. Appreciate it
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:30 AM   #102
Major Player

Adding a Sony XLR adapter to VX2100

Hello,

I saw that Sony's new HVR-A1U professional class HD camera (based on HC1) has a similar XLR adapter to the PDs with the exception that it's not attached to the camera, but is installed to the accessory shoe. Check this page: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation . Can someone please tell me if it's a good idea and whether it would work on VX2100? And where should I look for that item (I suspect that some repair centre)?

Thanks!
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #103
Wrangler

The AC1 adaptor looks identical to that adaptor on my PDX-10. I also have a VX-2000 and this issue has come up before. There's no way to use the PDX-10 adaptor on the VX-2000; the accessory shoes are configured differently. I don't know what might be different on the A1 and the VX-2100 but I serously doubt that this solution will work for you. The PDX-10 shoe has a number of additional contacts as compared to the VX-2000.

I think a Beachtek or similar adaptor will be a much more practical solution for you...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #104
Wrangler

Sorry, forgot to answer you other question. Parts for Sony's pro cameras can be found here. Enter the model number in the search box and follow the links:

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #105
Major Player

Thanks, Boyd. In such case I should really take the Beachtek. By the way, do you know where the Beachtek Phantom Power adapters take their power from? Do they have some kind of internal battery?

P.S.

As I have an opportunity right now, can someone please tell me what is the larger part coming out behind the lens on VX2100, VX2000 and XM2 too for example? I can't describe it very well, but if the lens is overally round, then some bigger element is like "added" to the right side and bottom of the lens tube. You can see it on this pic: http://www.camcorderinfo.com/images/...-review-10.jpg just in front of the focus ring.
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion