Help with Pd-150 export!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old May 19th, 2004, 10:57 AM   #1
Trustee

Help with Pd-150 export!!

Hello!

I'm usually in the HD10u forum here, but today I'm using a PD-150 and I need emergency help!

I've got my G5 talking to the camera, but all it shows is a blue screen. I can get it to give me a red light (for recording) via the computer without having to touch the camera. But, it stays blue and the computer gives a message that it lost communications with the camera! So, it works for a few seconds and then it stops.

This video is for a job at a television station (it's a video reel), so I need to get the tape to them today!!

Thank you very much if anyone can help.

Murph (long time dvinfo.net member)
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #2
Warden

How do you have it connected, via FireWire? How do you have device control set-up? Have you tried different FW cable?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks for the reply! I got it working.

Just an FYI - apparently, there are no PD150 or PD150 drives for iMovie! There are for FCP HD, but not iMovie. That's really weird...you figure it would work in both.

Thank God, I have FCP!

murph
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Warden

Some users have to disconnect any external drives in order to get iMove to recognize the camera.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #5
Regular Crew

My pd150's been talking to iMovie (2.1.2) for about a year now with no problem. Just out of curiosity, what version of iMovie do you have?

Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #6
Trustee

It's 4.0.1 - apparently Sony didn't ship drivers to Apple. What a crap deal!

Murph
Old May 20th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #7
Wrangler

Sony isn't responsible for drivers, Apple is.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 06:04 AM   #8
New Boot

Don't blame Apple. My PD-150P (P for PAL) works fine with iMovie 4.01 on a Mac G4 933. I suspect a foul cable or a lose FW port on the cam. Was it a rental camera or a work horse borrowed from the TV station? These tiny firewire ports are delicate and break easily. You know how careless people sometimes are, if the equipment isn't theirs.
Ursula Badertscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 06:27 AM   #9
Trustee

Actually, it was confirmed by Apple's tech support and their website has a list of cameras supported too. The PD-150 is supported by FCP, but not iMovie 4.0 or higher...yet.
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:24 AM   #10
New Boot

Forget Apple's camera support page! It's the same list since iMovie 1.0, completely outdated and of no referencial value anymore. You may notice that none of the cameras listet is newer than 3 years old. Besides, you only find consumer cams and recorders on the iMovie list. Therefore only VX2000 is mentioned and not the PD-150 DVCAM. This was just a lame excuse by some lazy Apple tech support guy. Since they have never tested any newer cams, they shouldn't even dare to mention this page!
I wonder how many camcorder owners decided to buy a PC insted of a Mac after checking this useless list...
Ursula Badertscher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion