Second VX2100 Mic? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 19th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Second VX2100 Mic?

Is there any point in getting a second mic for the VX2100 that is non-XLR? Im talking about an on board shotgun mic. Will the sound be better than the already on board microphone? If there are some decent ones out there can anyone point me in there direction.

Thanks-Curtis
Curtis Barnard Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Curtis...

I have a vx2000 and bought a crappy shotgun/zoom mic from Sony - the Sony ECM-HS1. That was before I joined this forum. It cost me $80. My recommendation to you is to check out our "Now Hear This" forum. The guys there really know what they're talking about. Lots of experience with audio stuff.

In my opinion, vx2000 came with a crappy mic. Well... the guys over in "Now Hear This" gave me enough advice to the point where I went out and bought a Beachtek DXA-8 adapter and bought an Oktava MC012 mic to go with it. My audio now is awesome. Much better than the on-board mic or the crappy Sony ECM-HS1. Originally, I was going to go with an on-board mic, but I'm glad I didn't. The Beachtek leaves you with many options.

Go over to "Now Hear This". Guys like Bryan, Matt, Jay and others really helped me out. And there are plenty others too.

Good luck!
Linda Schodowsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion