vx2000 problem/ mack camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 6th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #1
New Boot

vx2000 problem/ mack camera

Hi all,

To start out, this is my first time posting. I follow alot on the forums but I am a learner at this point and not a sharer.

So heres my issue. I bought a VX2000 camcorder about 5 months ago at B & H. It was used but i figured that as long as I buy the warrenty from Mack Camera i would be fine. After having the camera for 2 months it started giving me problems.

I will try my best to describe the problem. When the camera is put into camera mode (not playback mode), usually the goes to a stby screen where it displays the green letters "stby" well will its in this mode, sometimes before and sometimes after I have recorded, the "stby" letters disappear and it sounds like the head is moving. It sounds like its trying to find the place on the tape.

So I brought the camera to Mack Cam and they said they would take care of it. Well its been about 6 weeks and I got a letter saying it was ready. So I called them to arrange pick up and asked them what was wrong with it. They said they did a check and there was nothing wrong.

Firstly has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? and if yes, do you know what this is? I thought it was the head.

The second thing is has anyone had this type of problem with Mack Cam?

Also, before I brought it to Mack Cam I spoke with Sony and the tech said I should try a head cleaner which I did with no changes.

Thanks in advance and sorry for being so long:)

Herschel
Herschel Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: vx2000 problem/ mack camera

<<<-- Originally posted by Herschel Kessler : Hi all,

I will try my best to describe the problem. When the camera is put into camera mode (not playback mode), usually the goes to a stby screen where it displays the green letters "stby" well will its in this mode, sometimes before and sometimes after I have recorded, the "stby" letters disappear and it sounds like the head is moving. It sounds like its trying to find the place on the tape.

Herschel -->>>

Herschel, welcome.

I think we might better understand your problem if you would re-edit the paragraph above. It just doesn't read precisely enough for me (and I suspect others) to understand the problem.

One of the points I would make is that the head spins but doesn't move so if you hear something moving, it is not the head. The head makes sort of a continuous faint whine while the camera is powered up.
Old September 6th, 2004, 06:17 PM   #3
New Boot

Mike,

I guess I used the wrong term and I am confused as to what the head is....the noise I am hearing is of the tape being turned (the wheel rolling) and it sounds like it is moving forward and then possibly backward back to where it started from.

Let me know if that makes any more sense. If not can you please as specific questions so I can try to explain the prob as accurately as possible.

Herschel
Herschel Kessler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion