Can This VX2100 Price Be For Real? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 11th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #1
Tourist

Can This VX2100 Price Be For Real?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and I'm about to buy my first "real" camera. I just found a seemingly unbelievable price for the VX2100 over at www.bestpricecameras.com for $1,049.55.

Here's the direct link for this price:
http://store.yahoo.com/bestpricecameras/sodcmica1.html

Like I said, this seems a little too-good-to-be-true since the regular, retail price for the camera is around $3000. Anyway, since I'm new, I was wondering if anyone else here could check this deal out and let me know what they think. Obviously, if this is a legitimate price and the camera is for real, then I'll buy it today and wait anxiously for its arrival! =)

And while I'm here, what are the general thoughts from members of this community regarding the differences/pros & cons between the VX2000 and the VX2100. Is the 2100 better all across the board?

Thanks So Much,
John Stephens
John Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:54 PM   #2
Wrangler

It is very likely a sucker offer that will never be delivered at that price. Do a search here and you will find lots of stories like this.
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #3
Wrangler

John, welcome to DVinfo!

You can also checkout http://www.resellerratings.com. Mike is right as usual and you'll be better off buying a VX2100 for an authorized Sony Internet seller like B&H.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Tourist

Thanks, both of you, for your knowledge and feedback!

Obviously, both EXPRESSCAMERAS.com and BESTPRICECAMERAS.com are running some sort of scam. I spoke with reps from both of those stores today and it's obvious that they're very shady and not to be trusted.

Anyway, I really appreciate the friendly and helpful replies here at DVinfo. I plan to purchase my VX2100 from B&H this week. =)
John Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #5
Wrangler

A very good choice. I've purchased 2 cameras and a lot of other stuff from them without a single problem. In fact, when I thought I had a problem, they were very quick to offer help. Turns out I was wrong.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion