Has anyone disassembled their VX/PD's lens? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 21st, 2004, 12:14 PM   #16
Major Player

That's why I wrote "mostly" Mike. And indeed image forming reflections can come frome everywhere in an optical system. Two things however: reflections from non flat surfaces rapidly defocus and end up in general glare effects, and the "deeper"the reflection originates in an optical system, the less image creating it is. "Dancing" fireflies (most frequently seen) from candlelights, streetlights,... definitely come from the front suface of the (moving) OIS prism reflecting back onto a flat surface in front (filter). The spherically curved front element on the VX defocuses the back reflected rays and doesnt generate firelflies on itself.
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:17 PM   #17
Contributor

$30 sounds very reasonable to me. I'll ask my local Sony rep and see what happens.
Old October 6th, 2004, 04:11 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Just to keep you updated, Sony Thailand did the mould cleaning for me. I was without the camera for a couple of weeks and they charged me 963 baht (23 dollars). All seem fine and the mould is gone, although there is a very tiny speck of something left down inside the lens that doesn't seem to show up on video. Generally I'm happy and glad I didn't go the DIY route.
Nick Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #19
Contributor

Thank You Nick. Very promising.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion