Defective PD170 and B&H at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 30th, 2004, 07:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Defective PD170 and B&H

On an earlier post, I mentioned a problem I was having with a new PD170 purchased from B&H. I believe the camera has a defective tape compartment that won't latch securely without many tries. On another forum, this problem has also been reported by PD170 owners.

I also found out yesterday that B&H is closed for a holiday until OCTOBER 10. That puts me beyond their 7 day video return policy. I'm not sure what to do since B&H says on their website that returns must be accompanied by an RMA and you must call Customer Service. Well, nobody's answering their phones and all E-mail bounces back. This really ticks me off since we planned on using this camera for upcoming weddings.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Bob
Bob Harotunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:03 AM   #2
Wrangler

Send them a fax or a letter (registered) informing them of the problem and your intent to return the camera for replacement or whatever as soon as they open.

I don't think you can just return the camera without a Returned Goods Authorization although you can check that out on their website. If they don't require it, then maybe you should send the camera back before the 7 days elapse.
Old September 30th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #3
Warden

Do not send the camera back without a RMA. Call them when they reopen and they will stand behind their product even though the return period has expired. A fax would also be a good idea, as Mike suggests.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 02:23 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys...I sent a Delivery Confirmation letter to B&H postmarked today. Hope that covers it.
Bob Harotunian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion