VX2000, lcd screen and viewfinder issue. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old August 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

VX2000, lcd screen and viewfinder issue.

I just bought a VX2000, and as soon as I get it, I realize that the lcd screen is broken off. It's only hanging by the wires. (not sure if you can tell) Anyone know how much this will cost to fix?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...0828091718.jpg

Also, if you can see, there is a small chip of plastic missing off my viewfinder. Will I still be able to put a larger eyecup on it?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...828091718b.jpg
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Video Electronics

Those are the guys to contact for your VX1000/2x00 needs. Real legit, real quick, and they specialize in those camcorders.

Gotta say that they need to invest in a new webdesign guy, though...
Chris McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks. I've already contacted VE.

Just wanted some more advice for DVINFO.
Old August 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well, in that case, I have no idea how much the first repairs going to run you, but I'd think that you could still get the large eyecup on there with that crack. Maybe put a teeny dab of Super/Krazy/Gorilla Glue on the broken corner to hold it in place.
Chris McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Alright thanks. As long as my viewfinder works I'll be happy.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #6
Major Player

You should be ok on the VF large eyecup. The rubber portion of the eyecup extends forward enough to go around the groove on the square part of the viewfinder body. But if you send it in to get the LCD screen fixed, might consider having them replace the broken part, to make it right. My concern would be how the rest of the camera performs given the shape it's in. If you send it in, I'd have them give it a full once-over, check hours and get a quote for a head/drum replacement while they are still avail. You potentially have a very nice cam.

You could also send it to www.fullcompass.com for a look-see/quote. They repair these types of cams all day long and are an authorized Sony repair center. They are in my home town. I go there from time to time (bought my Z5 there). It's a huge outfit and I know they have a good repair center.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion