I need a DSR 500W at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 18th, 2002, 02:18 AM   #1
Major Player

I need a DSR 500W

Basic question...Im in the search for a used Sony DSR 500. To buy, not to rent.

Any suggestions? The highest Sony cam on Ebay is the DSR250. My budget is 15k, including lenses. I hope I can find it for this price. Anyone know where to get fairly cheap used professional cameras?
Old September 18th, 2002, 10:01 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hmm, this could be a challenge... a DSR500 is difficult to find for sale used. Try posting a want-to-buy ad on the rec.video.marketplace newsgroup on usenet. Also check with the B&H used camera department. Good luck,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2002, 12:56 PM   #3
Major Player

cool thanks Chris. I didn't know that B&H had a used department! I'll have to check that out, Im sure they have something.
Old September 18th, 2002, 06:01 PM   #4
Wrangler

The best buy on this level of camera is going to be after a major exhibition. all of the cameras and equipment that were at NAB are or were placed into B-stock at Sony and one could buy a complete camera for less (often) than a new body. The equipment comes with full warranty and generally looks and performs as new. Actually better. They don't but duff cameras on the show floor.

Ask your local Pro shop to find you one. They may have their own demo to sell too.

I keep a regular watch at B&H for a 300/370/500/570. They don't have them very frequently. But they will look for one for you. Call them.

You can also get good deals off the show floor if you look. A lot of distributors would rather you shipped the camera home than them.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion