Price Decrease Soon? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 24th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Price Decrease Soon?

NAB 2005 is over and wondering, is there a chance that the VX2100 will have a price decrease/rebates in the near future?
Kevin Kwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #2
Go Cycle

NOPE..................and it's discontinued as well. Making room for HDV would be my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kwak
NAB 2005 is over and wondering, is there a chance that the VX2100 will have a price decrease/rebates in the near future?
Old April 24th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Bruno
NOPE..................and it's discontinued as well. Making room for HDV would be my guess.
When the VX2100 model is discontinued, is it impossible to purchase the product from a reputable retailer?
Is there a way to find out the date when the models will be discontinued?
Kevin Kwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #4
New Boot

The price is the same at BHphoto but now they include DVrack express.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=303956&is=REG
Advil Dremali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Wrangler

Unless they work for Sony I don't know how anyone can say for certain that there won't be a rebate or price drop. It wouldn't surprise me if there were, but your guess is just as good as mine. And when? Who knows...

Some people believe it has been discontinued but to the best of my knowledge Sony has not made any official announcement of this. See the following in our "area 51" forum: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=41279
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #6
Go Cycle

Our supplier advised us of the discontinuation......however, there are many on the shelves that will be sold. I just picked up another for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Unless they work for Sony I don't know how anyone can say for certain that there won't be a rebate or price drop. It wouldn't surprise me if there were, but your guess is just as good as mine. And when? Who knows...

Some people believe it has been discontinued but to the best of my knowledge Sony has not made any official announcement of this. See the following in our "area 51" forum: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=41279
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #7
New Boot

Local supplier?

Lou,

I'm just getting started with videography. I'm based in Kings Park, and have been wondering about a good local supplier. Who are you using?

(Hope this isn't too off-topic!)
Mike Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 11:11 PM   #8
Wrangler

Please patronize our sponsors who support this site! If you're in the New York area then B&H Photo is always a good bet.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #9
New Boot

Thanks, Boyd.

B&H is great, but unfortunately they're about 50 miles away. That's fine for regular orders, but not so good if I need something in a pinch.

In any case, if you see this message, Lou, please feel free to drop me a line via email.
Mike Morrison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion