Drop-outs with Sony Premium mini DV tape - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old January 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #16
Wrangler

Sorry Joel but you are going on assumptions. Yes they might tell you it is the camera but what is the point if it is under warranty? The folks at the other end of the 800 number know, in general, what is going on with Sony products and how they interact. I've found them to be very candid about problems. And I've yet to hear of them ripping a camera out of a customer's hands. So it is a free phone call with the chance to get the real answer.

Just how are you going to REALLY determine the problem? It probably is a tape problem but unless you wander around for a fairly long time shooting with another type of tape, how do you know when you've solved the problem? You certainly don't want it appearing on your next for-pay shoot!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:15 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: Drop-outs with Sony Premium mini DV tape

Hello All :-)

I have always been concerned with dropout. I use to use the less expensive tapes that I could pickup cheep at the big outlet stores, but it finally became too much.

I got so sick of wasting time, loosing good shots, and risking my business... it was like Russian Roulette.

Even premium video tape by Sony (and others) have different quality levels and will give different results.

I put together a video that tells my story and my solution here:

Thanks!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion