VX2000 audio for dummy (me) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 13th, 2002, 01:37 AM   #16
Regular Crew

did they give you an approximate time window as to when they plan on fixing the audio circuitry? it sounds to me like they gave you the run a round. that was sony's press release after they recalled the pd150. if they solved it on the pd150 why haven't they done the same thing on the vx2000?

according to a web site in australia, after extensive testing, sony released a statement indicating that they were aware of the problem but nohting was going to be done about because it was a prosumer model. their reasoning was that they had to cut corners/expenses in the design of this camera to fall into this specific price range. their first dv models had better sound but they came out with a price tag of $8000. sony was surpised that we (the consumer) would expect pro quality sound out of this unit in the $3000 price range (lame excuse).

if you purely want beautiful images they recommend the vx2000. if you want image and pro sound go with the pd150. that's their story and they are stickin to it!!!!!

i wish they came out with a fix or even a vx3000! from what most posters think this won't happen any time soon.

mb4
Michael Buendia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2002, 03:47 AM   #17
BillF741

run around?

Well, I can understand the run around thing. I can also understand that they didn't want to put in "pro" quality sound. What I can't understand is why the sound is worse than consumer level TRV-20's or other similar cameras. I just think they need the heat turned up on them. All of the arguements aside as to what you need to make the camera work, and all of the debates of AGC vs. manual mode, the point is this: the camera has a horrible hiss. Regardless of all of the rationales the camera should be expected to give reasonable sound quality out of the box. This hissing is not reasonable. I think if enough people sounded off to Sony, or other places then Sony would fix this a little faster. Just my thoughts on this matter.
Old November 13th, 2002, 08:20 AM   #18
Go Cycle

My SONY PC-10 pocket style video camera has better sound quality than my VX2000.

Go figure
Lou Bruno is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion