Finally Using the Mack Warranty at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 26th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Finally Using the Mack Warranty

It's finally happened, my vx2k needs service. I went to the Mack website and trouble is brewing already. The website won't accept the equipment number. Soooo, I have a call into them to find out what I do now. The machine said they will call me back.

Naturally, I am expecting the worst. Hopefully though things will be fine. I have decided to share my experience with the forum so you guys can decide if a Mack warranty is worth it.

So mark the date, July 26th, the journey begins.

Joe
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Major Player

Joe,

Pleazzzze tell us that this is not the beginning of a warranty nightmare. I bought the same service. I NEVER buy an extended warranty, but when your talking about a $3,000 camera v.s. a DVD player, you get a little light-headed.

Hope it all works out for you dude. I can say "dude" cuz I'm writing from L.A. and too damn old to know or even care what's currently "bad".

All the best,

Stephanie
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I am hoping all is well with your service. I was planning on purchasing it with my PD-170 this month.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Deleted by Joseph Gioielli.

Last edited by Joe Gioielli; August 4th, 2005 at 09:15 AM.
Joe Gioielli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 01:47 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Just a friendly note from your friendly Admin,

"Realize that if I get the shaft on this I can tell everyone on this board what happened and we'll see what it does to their sales."

This message board does not exist to serve such purposes. Feel free to relate your experiences, good or bad; but you can't use this community for staging vendettas or crusades. That's not what it's here for. You'll need your own site for that. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 05:55 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Many years back I had a bad experience with Mack and never went near them again.

I had an Canon L1 (Hi8) that had tracking problems and some dials that had become intermittant. I drove down to pick it up a few weeks later and tested it. Not only were the problems not fixed but the dials they used didn't even match the camera's model. After a second trip down another week or so later the camera still wasn't fixed.

I told them I didn't want them to touch it again. I drive a few miles further to Canon's own service center. Canon told me Mack had done this before. Canon said they would honor th Mack extended warranty and fixed the camera properly.

Nope, I wouldn't trust Mack for an instant.

You called July 26. It's now August 3 as I type this. Maybe that should say something.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:18 PM   #7
MPS Digital Studios

I never had a problem with them on my XL-1. I have one on my HD10 (which I sold) but haven't needed to use it.

The two times I sent the XL-1 in, I read on my Mack Warranty card that they or a Canon-authorized dealer/repair would be covered. So I sent it to Canon, not Mack.

heath
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:25 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
I never had a problem with them on my XL-1. I have one on my HD10 (which I sold) but haven't needed to use it.

The two times I sent the XL-1 in, I read on my Mack Warranty card that they or a Canon-authorized dealer/repair would be covered. So I sent it to Canon, not Mack.

heath
By chance, do they give the same option to Sony owners with Mack warranties, to send them to Sony-authorized repair shops?
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:11 AM   #9
MPS Digital Studios

Take a look at the Mack Warranty card. If it says Mack or an authorized repair shop, Sony is one.

heath
Old January 16th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #10
Wrangler

Joe, just curious how it all turned out?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion