I Got PD150 Today!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 13th, 2002, 10:18 PM   #1

I Got PD150 Today!!

Hey, I am so phyched that I got PD150 today. I haven't recorded anythig with it but I love how it feels when I hold it! If I had known that PD150 could have been so un intrusive, I probably gotton PD150 and used it to archive West Coast tour of Band I am working with. Of Couse TRV900 was faithful to me, except when I taped a show at S.F. where ND buton was invertedly turned on, and I didn't know why I couldn't get anything but black picture when I try to shoot a show where there was only dozen folorcent light from the celling...things go wrong aways when It try to do things perfect... And Afer spending $1,300 + 1,800 on PC101 and TRV900, I feel like such an idiot :o(

Well at last I got PD150 now, so I guess lots of shows I tape for them will be good.

Q: Is there any way to mount Shure SM58 Mic on this camera? I don't think the one mic holder that comes with PD150 filts SM58, and In order to get stereo, I should use 2 of the mics. I see a shoe mount so that might be something I could use too. and I guess I should read jay's article about how to make -10db thinggy.

Help, i think I need mounthig thinggy!!!
Old November 13th, 2002, 11:04 PM   #2
Wrangler

Congratulations. Take some time to practice with the camera before you head out the door. It does a lot of things but some are a bit tricky. Make certain you know how to put the camera in fully manual mode.

The standard Sony Pro mount, the CAC-12 will bolt onto the camera but it really is designed for shotguns.

What you need is an adapter that CLAMPS onto the shoe and has a standard 5/8'-27 male thread (standard microhone mount) on the other end.

If you call B&H, they can find the bits and pieces to mount the 58 up there. I'd be warry of the clothespin style mount as the microphone can fall from those styles. Perhaps the Shure mount that has the rubber bands on both ends of an open framework. Costs around $50 IIRC and will hold many different styles of microphones.

Avoid the Shure AT8410A. It is a great mount but the suspension is probably a little too soft for run and gun. And it does not like heavy, imbalanced loads which the 58 would be.
Old November 19th, 2002, 09:10 PM   #3
BillF741

Got my 150 today

Hi,
Well, I got my 150 today. The picture this thing is awesome. Mike, thanks for the info about the camera, and the use of the sennheiser evolution microphones. No extraneous hiss like on a VX 2000 with the sennheiser's. I found that I can also use the Senn's on my old TRV 20.

Out of curiosity how do you set the camera to do the shutter priority mode like on the VX 2000? I know there are ton's of auto and manual set ups, but I couldn't figure this one out.

I was surprised at how good the b/w viewfinder was to use. This camera is going to be fun to use once I learn all of the little tricks. Thanks again for the info Mike.

Sincerely,
Bill
Old November 19th, 2002, 10:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Anne
you could get a mighty wondercam Mini Rover, it gives you something to hang onto and lets you hold the camera close into the chest. it also lets you mount mics, lights and radio mics.

http://www.dvshop.ca/camera/videosmith.html

Don't let the prices scare you,it's a Canadian site. B&H is aroind $49 US plus shipping. Plus $10 for the accessory plate.

If you want a really nice bag go for the Petrol or Porta Brace. Nothing but the best.

Your TRV 900 footage will match up nicely withe your new PD150.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion