Automatic Shut-off on VX2100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 18th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #1
Tourist

Automatic Shut-off on VX2100

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to disable the automatic shut off on the camera when it is not in record mode for a while. I want to work on some stop motion and time lapse stuff but thats not going to happen if the camera shuts off on me after a few minutes.

- Dan
Dan Zabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 01:20 PM   #2
Wrangler

You know, somewhere I saw an article about making something that plugged into the LANC jack to do this, but now I can't find it!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Major Player

I use to do this with my Sony Hi8. If the cassette door is left open with no tape in it the camera will stay on. Maybe this would work for your sony. However, I wouldn't want to get dust in there because it is left open.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 05:38 AM   #4
Major Player

Thats a neat trick, alas most of the time i don't want my 950 to shut down is when its on remote, so i have to keep hitting start/stop (managed to get thru 10 bands yesterday doing this trick.. except when I hit the start button on the remote which started the 950.. and stopped the pd150 i had in my hands. and i didn't notice for 5 mins. doh!) to keep it alive. handy if you're using it in conjuction with being hooked up to an external deck or laptop tho.
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:13 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Very strange Dan, as both my VX2000s stay on for hours at a time when I'm doing filmn to video transfer work, and they never shut down. No tape in them of course as Firewire takes the signal direct to the pc.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:02 AM   #6
New Boot

The only way I can get my vx2100 not to shut down automatically is to not leave a tape inside. Its a pain in the butt when setting up shots. Pressing the photo button will wake up the camera.

There's no way to disable this through the menu like the PD170, where you can get the tape drive to disengage instead of shutting down the camera.
Eric Foo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion