Tape Jam Problems.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old October 1st, 2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Tape Jam Problems..

Typical, I make posts saying how wonderful and durable the PD is, and a bit of slack treatment won't hurt it.. and it starts to play up on me!

I've had a few problems recently where the tapes have been getting a bit stuck.. to me, i'd say it was the tape design, its usually a problem with that little inside plastic bit that slides to open the top, it seems to come off its rails easily. Anyway, tonight i shot about 30mins of footage, i showed the guys who i was filming it, they seemed happy.... open the deck to give them the tape... the plastic part doesn't flip back and the tape gets stuck.

I put it on a table for 15mins to try and gently ease it out, no luck... i eventually just pull on it thinking it might knock the plastic bit out.. but it snaps the magnetic tape itself. wonderful, all my footage lost (i'm hoping someone can fix it, but hey.. it was nothing major, but a waste of me dragging my equipment out) just wondering if its common? is it the tapes or the camera? anything i can spray it with or whatever to stop it happening? i have about 40 tapes to process in the next few weeks, and i can't really afford this happening again...
James Connors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion