Line on the top of the video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 19th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Line on the top of the video

Hello,

I don't know whether it's a problem or normal with VX2100, but if looking at the full frame (not the cropped version shown on TV) then it leaves light white line to the very top of the video frame. These are not easily noticeable when watching the video, but I'm still wondering if it's normal. I know that many cameras leave such lines though.

Here is a widescreen framegrab from my camera to illustrate that white line. I added the black background in post.
http://georg.skyfilmproductions.com/camera/wide.jpg

By the way, the line seems to be disappearing when I turn the sharpness in CP fully down.

Thank you for helping!

EDIT: I explained my problem a bit wrong last time, but it's fine now.
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Wrangler

That is normal. Not all the frames that are recorded are 'real' video. what you are seeing are all of the 'data' frames and miscellaneous signals required by analog television.

This causes a problem when you use a LCD screen or projector (anything that shows all the lines of video. The solution is to mask it as some of the lines are not actually white but are multi-colored and distracting to the viewing audience.
Old February 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Oh I see! It's good to know that it's normal. I'm often filming for online publishing and there it also shows the full frame. The line is not very noticeable, but should I add little black bars to the top and bottom? Do other people do this?
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion