What's Your Rig? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #1
New Boot

What's Your Rig?

I'm looking to take my video production to the next level. I have a vx2100 and a Bogen 3001/3130 fluid head tripod. So far, so good.

I'm looking for a lighting kit, microphones, and some kind of steadycam for what I do - amateur film productions and the occasional event video for a friend. Nothing professional - yet.

Please post what you all are using for lighting, microphones, and steadycams. I know everything is subjective, but it would be good to see what others have researched and bought.

Thank you!
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #2
New Boot

OK, I've been doing some homework.

Lighting - I'm looking at a JTL lighting kit. Specifically the TL-1500 931501-SUBR at www.jtl-lighting.com for $480. Looks like a good starter lighting kit.

Sound - I'm looking at a Rode VideoMic with boompole and extension cable. I'll use this on camera and off camera for principal sound capture. The microphone is $149 and the accessories are about $120.

Steadycam - This is where it gets tougher. I'm looking at the Glidecam 2000 Pro at $300, the Varizoon V2-Ultralite at $300, and (on the high-end) the Steadicam Merlin at $800. I'm also curious about the Bogen Fig-Rig but I'm not sure what it's capable of.

Any opinions or experience with any of the above?

Thank you!
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Wrangler

Gordon,

Welcome to DVInfo Net.

These questions properly belong in their respective Forums.

Sound questions belong in 'Now Hear This.'
Support questions belong in 'Support your local camera.'
Lighting questions belong in 'Photon Management.'

I would like you to cut and past your questions into those forums where you will get a whole lot more eyes with specific experience on them.

If we don't post in the correct forums, nobody knows where to go and the answers are scattered. Sort of like a library without an index.

I'm locking this thread for the above reasons.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion