AV In/Out On VX2100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

AV In/Out On VX2100?

hi, everyone.
could anyone please confirm that vx2100's got av in and out stereo sockets? i.e. red+white+yellow phonos. i merely wonder whether i'd be able to record a tv or video footage onto a dv tape OR onto my pc's hard disk throught the camcorder, if i had one. thanks.

Lord Byron
Aram Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes, your VX2100, like my VX2000, will convert analog video and stereo sound input and record it to DV tape. You can then copy that footage to your PC. You can also dispense with the record to tape step and convert from the analog inputs directly to DV over the firewire connection between the VX2100 and your PC. This happens in "real time" and may require a particular setup in your NLE while capturing.

There is a menu setting on the VX2100 that will need to set to enable the analog to digital conversion. In the VX2000 manual this topic is on page 86 and called "Signal convert function".

Mike.
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks, Mike. now i've already got a vx2100 and am experimenting with it.

Lord Byron
Aram Rian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion