cheapy vx2100 websites. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Closed Thread

Old March 4th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #1
New Boot

cheapy vx2100 websites.

i'm lookin to get a vx2100, and i've found websites that sell it for fractions of what the listed price is, and i wondered if anyone else out there has ordered from said sites, cause i'm kinda sketched out by them, because they're sooo cheap, but it would be awesome if it were true, anyone else discover this?

here are some example sites:
http://www.ccicameracity.com/snvx2100.html
http://www.usaphotonation.com/produc...ne=shopcartusa

thanks guys!
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Inner Circle

There are many sites on the internet that advertise to-good-to-be-true prices (and that's exactly what they are). Usually it's a bait and switch type scam. A common one is, you order a camera at the fantastic price, and either they get you to add incredibly over-priced accessories to your order, or suddenly the camera becomes unavailable. You're WAY better off ordering from one of this site's sponsors.
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

When I bought my VX2100, I checked a few of those sites and found them very suspicious. Several "different" sites seemed to have suspiciously similar designs and seemed to have the same person answering the phone. And when you check into these sites on the various feedback listings, they're either bad or have been obviously padded with fake feedback.

So I wound up paying more from B&H, although I also wanted an extended warranty which was MUCH cheaper from B&H than from those other sites so it evened out in the end.

Your mileage may vary.

-Terence
Old March 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #4
New Boot

well shucks.
hahahah, i was hoping it'd be ligit.
i guess it'll take me longer to save up.
anyone wanna donate? hahahaha
Old March 4th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Major Player

Go to resellerratings.com
Old March 6th, 2007, 05:00 AM   #6
Major Player

i bought my VX from www.expresscameras.com, paid by credit card and before shipping, a guy called and told me that this is only a upgrade from vx2000 and doesn't have a zoom lens(only body), so i had to add extra $500 for the zoom lens. Right now i wonder, what if i told him that i dont need zoom lens, would they ship camera body only...
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits View Post
i bought my VX from www.expresscameras.com, paid by credit card and before shipping, a guy called and told me that this is only a upgrade from vx2000 and doesn't have a zoom lens(only body), so i had to add extra $500 for the zoom lens. Right now i wonder, what if i told him that i dont need zoom lens, would they ship camera body only...
You're being conned, the zoom lens is built into the VX2100 camera, it's not a separate item. It's basically a later model of the VX2000 and just like that camera, it doesn't have interchangeable lenses.

The prosumer version of this camera, the PD170 is a later model of the PD150 and neither of these have interchangeable lenses.
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits View Post
Make them ship you the 2100 body only. That will really screw them up.....catch them in there own lie.....They are one (and often the same) of many "great" stores in Crooklyn.

Jim Martin
Old March 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #9
Wrangler

Now do you really have to ask whether there is "such a thing as a free lunch?" Please use the DVinfo sponsors for your purchases. Not only do they make our site possible, but they have also been hand-picked for integrity, competitive prices and great customer service: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion